Monday, August 17, 2009

Long Live Oliver!

I visited the boiling valley (Owakudani) near Hakone yesterday and had a great time hiking around the volcanoes. I have been slowly adding some photos of the trip to my photo site.

At the Owakudani I ate two black eggs (Kuro-tamago). These are chicken eggs that turn black when being boiled in the sulfurous hot springs. Eating one of them will add 7 years to your life. I ate two and will therefore be hanging around for 14 more years. This is great news considering how much I have been indulging on alcohol, Malboro's and unhealthy food lately.

A kiss to 7 more years of living large! Getting rid of the sulfur taste on my lips kept me busy for hours after. The 'smoke' behind me is very smelly gas coming out of the ground.

Luckily the eggs are not black on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment