Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Golden Gai

Yesterday, I (along with some other Gaijin's) ventured to the Golden Gai. This is a small shanty neighbourhood with very narrow alleys, stray cats and countless tiny little pubs. The pubs are not much bigger than a closet, sometimes you have to climb up some very steep stairs (going back down in a haze is much harder) and for someone as tall as me, the low ceilings really do pose a problem (which becomes exaggerated with each drink). All in all it's a very cool place to visit (Alex , you will love this place).

By chance we ended up in a bar that hosted a photography exhibit by Motohiro Negishi. I made friends with him (with my 3 Japanese words) over some Edamame and beer. Check out some of his photos...
Negishi-san showing me his new Holga Lomomat. I want one too.

1 comment: